Monday, June 11, 2007

I have map(s)/Lost

I have a map/Lost.

I always carry my map inside of my notebook both in Philly and in Rome. Also In tokyo when I go somewhere I don’t know, I always carry my map. Map is my life line.
I think before I stared biking in city, I didn’t know how to read map. I was really bad at knowing direction to somewhere.
Now I know how to use map and it is such important element of my biking life.
I’m so glad that both Philly and Rome map fits inside of the book. In Tokyo, I need to carry twice as thick book all maps.
One more map I love. “Google maps” it is amazing application. so now not only Google the word I don’t now, I Google the address I’m not familiar with.

Although I had map, I once lost in Rome.
Than was first day in Rome, after we had dinner. I was in the middle of historic center, near Spanish steps. Now it is easy to know where I am and how to go back, but at that point, I didn’t know where I am. I usually have good sense of going back home, but that day I was lust lost, and biking around the city. I tried to guess where I am from street name, but I couldn’t. Finally I have got to Trevi fountain, and happened to know where I am.

No comments: